One year of love!

            Dogs - Four legged creatures that bring us joy. They keep us in the present. They enrich us in small and undramatic ways every day—by making us laugh, keeping us company, and offering us unconditional love. They touch our hearts in the most unique way. Those of us who have canine members in our family, experience an abundance of extraordinary ways in which dogs impact our daily lives. Its going to be a year since I have had my canine companion and the impact on my life has been huge!


            Cooper, a Labrador Retriever, was around 35 days old when I adopted him. Now he is almost a year old and is the most adorable and loveable pet I could have ever asked for. He is a big part of my life and most of this one year has revolved around him. I could never imagine how pets can so easily become part of our daily routine. 

Cooper at 45 days.

            Ever morning, if you have a dog you know that they’re so on time you never need an alarm clock. Cooper's time is 6:30 am  at 6:30 exactly, he’ll stand next to my bed and stare. And if that doesn’t work, he’ll wag his tail and make sure it’s banging against something. If I’m not out of bed by 6:40, he’ll start pawing at me and there is no snooze bottom on him for that

Wake up! It's time for my walk.

            I certainly owe my healthier lifestyle to Cooper, waking me up early, always demanding long early morning and after dinner walks. But that's just the start! Being a dog owner you become used to certain things, those puppy dog eyes, the cold wet nose, the dog hair on the carpet and floor, those irresistible head tilts, those moments they follow a scent without looking back or listening to anyone, those baths which automatically get you wet as well, those warm welcomes when you come back from a trip or even if you are just gone for one night, they’ll dance all over the place and follow you everywhere as if you had been gone for months. Forget a night, even if you leave to go around the block, you are guaranteed to come home to at least an enthusiastic, wagging-tail greeting. Those unrevivably chewed up shoes and slippers (there was a time when I had no pair left to wear!). Some embarrassing moments, talking about embarrassing there was one such incident I will never forget - we walking down a main road and Cooper just randomly felt the need to squat down exactly in front of an ATM door with someone inside waiting to come out.. I did clean up and we did have a good laugh (the stranger and I). And then there are those funny moments when you play 'fetch' and never get the ball, stick or frisbee back and they make u chase them if you want it back. Also the times when they'll do just about anything for their favourite treat! We spend most of our money on dogs than we spend on ourselves and they don't even demand that but we just do. Majority of you will relate to these..


            When we get a dog home they become more than just a companion, they become a member of our family. We tend to treat them like our children. Cooper has been like my cute, mischievous but innocent baby and now he has grown up to be a handsome boy. It was one hell of an experience! The many road trips, the games we played, the fights we had, the dates we were on, the new dog and human friends we made together, our laughs, LIMITLESS. Our memories, COUNTLESS. And our friendship is ENDLESS. There is much more to be said about them but it's even better experienced. So, If you don't already have one, get a furry companion and your life will definitely change for the better.


P.S.- Consider adopting rather than buying, dogs dont really care how much you paid for them they'll love you no matter what.

I would love to hear about your experiences with your furry friend, you could share them by leaving a comment below. :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judges of our life